Air Fuel Synthesis sustainable fuel alternative overview
Anyone who recognises the current situation with fossil fuels and the absolute need to explore sustainable alternatives will see the strategic importance of Air Fuel Synthesis carbon neutral fuels.
The market potential for this process is huge - a replacement for oil.
The concept is novel and capital intensive, however a project has very little operating costs and can offer fuel at a predictable and potentially fixed price for a very long period.
AFS wants to stimulate an equivalent focus on its concept for funding and policy development as existing initiatives such as biofuels, electric and hydrogen vehicles, carbon capture and storage, and from fossil fuel exploration.
AFS wishes to develop relations with technology partners to establish large scale supply capabilities to support uptake of the AFS approach. The key commercial feature of the process is its independence from oil price and availability.
AFS currently has funding to construct a demonstration unit. AFS intends to develop a pilot plant which will include:
- First of a series of scale up projecst of 1 – 10 tonnes per day.
- Designing optimum sized units and developing, engineering and manufacturing techniques.
- Integrating all the system components, tuning for optimum performance, and developing control systems.
- Productizing individual components or whole systems for independent retail e.g. containerized fuel systems and CO2 capture and release technology.
- Developing a range of commercial agreements with technology partners.
- Exploit agreements with fuel technology companies by establishing non-fossil CO2 projects.
AFS will also look to:
- Undertake commercial opportunity assessment taking in market, technology, and geographic options.
- Develop detailed engineering studies, estimates, and plans.
- Undertake commercial and system modeling to determine optimum product mix.
- To prepare full techno / economic proposals.
- Marketing and raise funding for future phases